WINONA, Minn. — The Chamber Singers of Saint Mary’s University will perform in the San Francisco, Calif., area as part of their upcoming 2018 tour. The 26-voice select ensemble is directed by Dr. Patrick M. O’Shea, professor of music.
Tour performances include:
- Saturday, Feb. 24, at 5 p.m. Mass (4:40 p.m. prelude)
Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis
- Sunday, Feb. 25, at 11 a.m. Mass
Saint Vincent de Paul Parish in Brooklyn Park
- Wednesday, Feb. 28, at 7:30 p.m. concert with Holy Names University
Mission Dolores Basilica in San Francisco, Calif.
- Thursday, March 1, at noon short concert
De La Salle High School in Concord, Calif.
- Friday, March 2, at 7:30 p.m. concert
Campus Chapel at Saint Mary’s College of California in Moraga, Calif.
- Saturday, March 3, at 5:30 p.m. Mass
Cathedral of Christ the Light in Oakland, Calif.
- Thursday, March 8, at 7:30 p.m. homecoming concert
Chapel of Saint Mary of the Angels in Winona
All performances are free and open to the public. Repertoire will include a cappella works by Tomas Luis de Victoria, Stephen Chatman, Knut Nystedt, Mark Growden, David Conte, and Moses Hogan. The concerts will feature the West Coast premiere performances of “Queen of Queens,” an English setting of a John Donne sonnet by Dr. O’Shea.