The Chamber Singers will perform in Minneapolis and Columbia Heights, Minn., and in California as part of their 2014 concert tour.
The 26-voice select ensemble is directed by Dr. Patrick O’Shea. Tour performances will include the following liturgies and concerts:
- Basilica of Saint Mary, Minneapolis, Saturday, March 1, Mass 5 p.m.
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Columbia Heights, Minn., Sunday, March 2, Mass 10 a.m., Concert 3 p.m.
- San Antonio Winery, Los Angeles, Tuesday, March 4, 7 p.m. (alumni event)
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, El Cajon, Calif., Wednesday, March 5, Vespers 7 p.m.
- St. Joseph Cathedral, San Diego, Calif., Saturday, March 8, Mass 5:15 p.m.
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, El Cajon, Calif., Sunday, March 9, Mass 11 a.m., Concert 1:30 p.m.
All concerts are free and open to the public and guests are, of course, welcome at the various liturgies. Repertoire will include a cappella works by Howells, Brahms, Arcadelt, Alice Parker and Moses Hogan.
Upon their return, the Chamber Singers will present a free “Homecoming Concert” at the Chapel of Saint Mary of the Angels, 7th and Vila streets, at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 13.
For more information, call (507) 457-1598.