On Wednesday, Jan. 8, from 4 to 6 p.m., the Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts will conduct its winter 2014 registration open house.
Here are five great reasons to attend:
- It’s a great opportunity to visit the facility, tour the studios and classrooms, and meet the talented instructors and staff.
- The dance attire boutique will be open and staff will be fitting students and taking orders for all of the dance classes.
- Visitors can learn more about programming including some great new opportunities.
- Guests can learn more about hands-on volunteer opportunities.
Additionally, the new winter semester 2014 catalog is now available. Classes run from Jan. 13 through March 29. New programming is offered, and registrations are now being accepted. Some offerings include:
- Teen and Adult Ballet will be taught by director of dance Tammy Schmidt this semester.
- There are new Art Division classes including Drawing 102 for Children and Drawing 101 for Adult Workshops.
- Dance programming in Ballet, Pointe, Modern, Jazz, Hip Hop, and Tap with new course divisions.
- Private music lessons with talented teaching artists.
- New adult wellness class discounts and packages.
- Advanced training for those serious about dance with an additional Ballet V/VI/VII class.
- New adult wellness classes include Mindfulness, Introduction to Guitar, Teen and Adult Tap, and Belly Dancing for Beginners!
Interested students may registration online, by mail, or in person at MCA’s Valéncia Arts Center.
Class days, times and tuition vary. Financial need-based scholarships are available. For a brochure and a complete listing, visit the MCA website, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, “like” them on Facebook, or call 453-5500.
Interested students may register online, by mail, or in person at MCA’s Valéncia Arts Center, 1164 W. 10th St.
The Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts offers programming in Dance, Music, Visual Art, and Theatre, year-round. Classes, lessons, workshops, and camps are offered for ages 3 to adult at the Valéncia Arts Center located at 1164 West 10th Street, Winona.