Human trafficking occurs in every Minnesota county and the Twin Cities are one of the 15 largest trafficking centers in the nation, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
Join us for an in-depth look at:
- Global aspects of trafficking.
- Human rights, especially women’s and children’s issues.
- Impact on rural and urban Minnesota.
- How to talk about the issue.
- Initiatives underway to combat trafficking.
Moderator: Fred de Sam Lazaro is a Senior Distinguished Fellow at the Hendrickson Institute for Ethical Leadership, director of the Under-Told Stories Project at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, and a correspondent for PBS NewsHour.
Tuesday, November 12 – Twin Cities Event
Saint Mary’s University Center
2540 Park Avenue, Minneapolis
Wednesday, November 13 – Winona Event
Performing Arts Center – Figliulo Recital Hall
700 Terrace Heights, Winona
Cost: FREE. All are welcome. Register online.